Hello, we are excited you are interested in the Tech Academy program. We are starting with foundational Digital Literacy and Basic tech courses - Tech Fundamentals 1, 2 and 3.
- TF1 – Information Technology Basics – Hardware, Internet, Email, Windows and Mac
- TF2 – Information Skills – Managing Your Digital World, Word Processing, Social Media. Job Search
- TF3 – Building Websites, Understanding Data, Networks and Systems, Programming Languages, Computer Repair.
These courses are essential for the basic computer / digital office / remote work skills.
Info sessions will be combined with Digital Literacy assessment - ensure you are assessed in the first wave of students to be sure you got into the first cohort ASAP.
Take advantage of free chromebooks: everyone who completes at least one course will receive a free chromebook.
Info sessions and Digital Literacy Assessments scheduled for:
- Friday, February 24th at 10:30am
- Monday, Feb 27th at 6pm
- Tuesday, March 14th at 6pm
- Saturday, March 18th at 1:30pm
After taking the initial assessment, you will be assigned to the cohort with your level of the Tech Fundamentals 1, 2 or 3 courses. Each course is 15 hrs long.
Upon completion of each course the attendees shall pass the Digital Literacy tests again, and receive the certificates of course completion / including proctored Assessment passed.
Options available for Tech Fundamentals 1 classes:
- 5 Thursdays 9:30 am - 11:30 am (10 hrs)
- 5 Thursdays 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm (10 hrs)
- 3 Saturdays 10:00 am - 1 pm (9 hrs)
- Study session Homework of 5-8 hrs is expected
- Office Hours available on weekly basis (days TBC):
Read more about each course here: https://newburghlibrary.org/open-hub-classes-at-the-newburgh-free-library/
Underemplyed and unemployed adults, age 18-65, located in Newburgh area, interested to obtain basic computer skills and / or build their career in tech industry / using tech skills