Newburgh Girls Code Club
Newburgh Girls Code Club (NGCC) is a leadership development after-school program focused on educating youth on coding and the career opportunities that come with STEAM learning, based on the Girls Who Code curriculum. Together, we are using Computer Science to change the world: We build a diverse sisterhood of supportive peers and role models, explore simple online coding tutorials, identify issues that matter to us in our community and design real solutions to address them through code.
YOU are the next generation of coders who will make an impact. In this club, you will learn:
- From professional Coding mentors
- What is computer science, who are computer scientists and what they do?
- About unconventional career paths for coders & programmers
- How to amplify your voice and share your coding stories with other young coders
- Different coding roles, like Designer, Problem Solver, and Coder
- Pair programing, and collaborative learning models
NGCC meets digitally once a week, in a split-led group on Mondays OR Thursdays, throughout the Spring (February 22 – June 3, 2021) from 4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. via Zoom/ Google Meet. You DO NOT have to be a currently enrolled student to apply to this program. We invite all coding beginners and masters, who identify as a girl or who prefer to learn in a female centered environment, ages 10-18, to apply.
To learn more about this program, we strongly encourage you to attend one of our virtual information sessions via Zoom on:
- Thursday, January 14, from 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.,
- Thursday, January 21, from 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Wednesdat, February 3rd, from 6-7pm
Register for an information session at bit.ly/ngccvirtualinfo.
Download any of our Spring 2021 outreach materials from Newburgh Free Library link below — great for teachers, parents, and CBOs who want to spread the word!
we welcome Newburgh, NY girls age 10-18y.o. to learn code and empower their life with cool technology.