Pivoteers and Pioneers features local businesses
investigating how technology helped businesses adapt during the pandemic shutdown
When: Thursday, August 27th, 2020 from: 5:00 - 6:00 pm
Presented by: OpenHub and HVTechFest
OpenHub, in advance of HVTechFest 2020, invites you to participate in our new, interactive webisode series featuring local businesses, sharing stories about how technology helped businesses adapt during the pandemic shutdown. OpenHub believes sharing these stories can help make a difference for the recovery of our local economy.
- Webisode #1: Restaurant Reboot featured: Brothers BBQ, New Winsor, NY that pivoted at least four times since March and adopted multiple technology changes. Read blog-post. Watch May 15th webisode on YouTube, see original interview with Jamie Farella
- Webisode #2: Banking Transformation featured Mid-Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union with tech pivots to serve the community in the most safe way. Watch May 29th webisode on YouTube, read the blog-post
- Webisode #3: Telehealth provider MonitorMe serving Nursing homes hurted by COVID'19 - June 12th. Watch June 12th webisode on YouTube, read the blog-post
- Webisode #4: Addressing Digital Divide, serving community - with Silicon Harlem on June 26th. Watch June 26th webisode on YouTube, read the blog-post
- Webisode #5: Rethinking Remote Education: Maintaining relationship and engagement through social distancing - July 10th - Watch it on YouTube
- Webinar #6: Data-Driven Hudson Valley: Solving Customer Loyalty and Spending Behavior using Data with Cynthia V.Marcello - July 30th - Watch it on YouTube
- Webinar #7: Get That Job! Five Insider Secrets to Break-Through the Crowd. with Ari Weinstein. Register now!
- Are you a 'Pivoteer'? Apply to present
- Expertise: Social media, Digital Marketing, Website 3rd party solutions, Digital Transformation
What to expect: Pivoteers and Pioneers is an interactive discussion that shares stories of local businesses who were able to turn challenges into opportunities using technology during the pandemic shutdown. We believe sharing these lessons can help make a difference for the re-opening of the economy.
Stories where small businesses had to:
- Reconsider customers needs
- Pivot using technology
- Used digital marketing tools innovatively
- Accessed emergency funding
- Used social media/eCommerce
- Applied remote collaboration tools
- Used other tech resources
Participate by asking questions about your own business. Get answers from the guest pivoteer and guest expert who will share what tools can be used for your business.
Ready to adapt and overcome?