For IWD 2023, our community will be hosting an International Women Day event with the theme “Dare To Be,” empowering our community to have courage, to dream big and to be bold.
International Women's Day is Women Techmakers' annual campaign, where our community organizes events that connect, educate and inspire, and as well bridging the gender gap. It is a moment to celebrate and provide visibility for the incredible contributions of women around the world and is a call to action for accelerating gender parity.
Join the Women Techmakers of Hudson Valley in a virtual event that explores this years’ theme ‘Dare to Be’, empowering our community to have courage, dream big, and be bold. Hear from a panel of technologists as they discuss challenges as opportunity and using their strengths to make courageous career choices. Participate in a facilitated session where you can share your own stories of personal transformation and success. Learn from other women in the Hudson Valley in a brief series of lightning talks, designed to inspire you to enhance your skillset.
Dare to be: facilitating personal transformation through collaboration
Sharing is caring - we are here to share
- Sharing stories about personal transformation / growth / success when you were utilizing help, guidance, support from others - 45 min
- While sharing the stories we are going to create a list of resources worth to share with others, e.g., Speakers certification through WTM or Cloud certification through GDG.
- Facilitating the interactive brainstorming (retrospective / road mapping): Where do you want to be in 2 or 5 years from now, and what do you need for it? Assets Mapping exercise - what resources do you need for it?
Questions to discuss
- Allyship - how to be a better ally - what are the parameters?
- Design for belonging - DEI
- How to initiate a participation on a meeting
- What is a Productive work-environment
- There is an Extensive amount of free resources - what to chose, how to get guidance
- How do identify mentors and ask them to be your mentors officially
- Being open and willing to ask someone to help you
Dare to be: collaborative - How much MORE we can do TOGETHER
- Learning from others,
- Celebrate each other success
- Being open, vulnerable and supportive - creating welcoming and supporting environment
Register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYocu2vqD0sGNQnHM1LTkkJ3_FWSg2XvNrw
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
all who wants to grow