An introductory PHP course is a good starting point for learning how to customize your WordPress site(s). PHP is a server-side language, which means it is the “back-end” of your website. If you want to add custom functionailty to your functions.php in WordPress, you will need to know PHP!
PHP is a surprisingly easy language to learn yet it has extensive capabilities. In this 3-session workshop, you will learn the basics of PHP, how to write your own functions, and we’ll look at how all of that relates to WordPress.
These 3-sessions won’t make you a PHP expert but they will give you a firm understanding about what PHP does in the “back-end”, the ability to write your own functions to customize your WordPress installation, and the ability to read your functions.php file to finally understand what it does.
It is our usual ABC introductory course, please make yourself prepare to take all three classes!
- Review Previous Lesson
- Question / Answer Period
- Discuss how PHP works within WordPress
- Discuss Functions.php and create a function
- Create a very simple plugin
So this series focuses on using the functions.PHP file for WordPress and how it relates to WP plugins.
- Anyone who wants to learn PHP as one of the critical
- Anyone considering entering UX/UI or web design field
- Web designers who wants to practice approaching design form the UX point of view