This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster.
By the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization.
- understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers.
- understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization.
- manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP.
- choose and manage the tools that your organization will use.
- backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster.
- utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments.
- Week 1: What is system administration
- Week 2: Network and Infrastructure Services
- Week 3: Software and Platform Services
- Week 4: Directory Services
- Week 5: Data Recovery & Backups
- Week 6: Final Project
IT support specialists, network administrators, and all who wants to improve their IT skills
She's wonderful. And very professional.
Brandon Weygant is a web developer & software engineer by trade, but really a person of many interests. In addition to dabbling in new tech whenever possible, he has also co-written & produced an independent comic, started a podcast (including all the audio set up & editing), and has a history in political activism. With a passion for all things tech, a history of taking on leadership roles wherever he goes, and a deep seeded passion for growth (both for himself and others) Brandon uses his desire to learn as fuel to help those around him grow as well.