In this course -- through a combination of video lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on practice -- you’ll learn about the main components of an operating system and how to perform critical tasks like managing software and users, and configuring hardware.
By the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- navigate the Windows and Linux filesystems using a graphical user interface and command line interpreter.
- set up users, groups, and permissions for account access.
- install, configure, and remove software on the Windows and Linux operating systems.
- configure disk partitions and filesystems.
- understand how system processes work and how to manage them.
- work with system logs and remote connection tools.
- utilize operating system knowledge to troubleshoot common issues in an IT Support Specialist role.
- Week 1: Navigating the System
- Week 2: Users and Permissions
- Week 3: Package and Software Management
- Week 4: Filesystems
- Week 5: Process Management
- Week 6: Operating Systems in Practice
All who wants to learn and improve their IT support skills and find their job promotion as IT support specialists or system administrators
Bringing people together around technology, enabling startups.
I help businesses and talent to connect through creating engaging & collaborative opportunities.
Dmitry Pavlov, tech entrepreneur and software engineer with 20+ year of experience in developing Enterprise Imaging IT systems. His software installed in thousands of hospitals worldwide. Dmitry desinged, developed, deployed software from small applications to large scale IT systems. In 2000 he joined a tech startup Dynamic Imaging where he designed and led the product that was rated #1 in the industry for multiple years. Later the company was acquired by GE Healthcare.
Brandon Weygant is a web developer & software engineer by trade, but really a person of many interests. In addition to dabbling in new tech whenever possible, he has also co-written & produced an independent comic, started a podcast (including all the audio set up & editing), and has a history in political activism. With a passion for all things tech, a history of taking on leadership roles wherever he goes, and a deep seeded passion for growth (both for himself and others) Brandon uses his desire to learn as fuel to help those around him grow as well.