This is the initial course of <Mobile First> large web dev course that consists of 4 courses:
- "Mobile First - building React Native apps"
- "Mobile First - Creating the back end for your React Native app"
- "Mobile First - Extending your React Native app with a React Website"
- "Mobile First - Learning development environments for React Native and React JS and how to deploy stand alone apps to production"
The first course consists of three 2 hour classes. 10 hours of homework per week. We will be using Expo and Snack to do everything on the cloud and deploy apps to your phones.
"Mobile First - building React Native apps": A-B-C
A. Introduction:Tools and Basics (2hr)
- Tools to create your first mobile application. Expo, Snack.
- Flex model
Build various layouts with Views and Texts. Test on your phone
- Buttons and event handlers
- React State
Create a shopping list application
C. Wrap-up (2hr)
- Wrapping up the shopping list application.
- What to learn next, Q&A
For those who are interested to explore new Oikumene of Mobile Responsive Web Apps