This course is the second of a series that aims to prepare you for a role as an entry-level IT Support Specialist
This course is designed to provide a full overview of computer networking. We’ll cover everything from the fundamentals of modern networking technologies and protocols to an overview of the cloud to practical applications and network troubleshooting.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- describe computer networks in terms of a five-layer model.
- understand all of the standard protocols involved with TCP/IP communications.
- grasp powerful network troubleshooting tools and techniques.
- learn network services like DNS and DHCP that help make computer networks run.
- understand cloud computing, everything as a service, and cloud storage.
- Week 1: Introduction to Networking - The Physical and Data Layer
- Week 2: The Network Layer
- Week 3: The Transport and Application Layer
- Week 4: Networking Services
- Week 5: Connecting to the Internet
- Week 6: Troubleshooting and the Future of Networking
IT support specialists.
And even if you do have any background in IT - this is one of the best fundamental courses in the industry.
Bringing people together around technology, enabling startups.
I help businesses and talent to connect through creating engaging & collaborative opportunities.
Brandon Weygant is a web developer & software engineer by trade, but really a person of many interests. In addition to dabbling in new tech whenever possible, he has also co-written & produced an independent comic, started a podcast (including all the audio set up & editing), and has a history in political activism. With a passion for all things tech, a history of taking on leadership roles wherever he goes, and a deep seeded passion for growth (both for himself and others) Brandon uses his desire to learn as fuel to help those around him grow as well.