In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, many websites must now be built according to specifications that allow equal access to content for users who live with disabilities that alter how they navigate the World Wide Web. This course provides an orientation to Website Content Accessibility compliance. In a 3-hr discussion, we will examine the following:
Understanding the problem both for users and businesses:
- How do disabilities impact a person’s ability to navigate the Internet?
- What types of businesses need to consider accessibility compliance for their website?
- What are the potential consequences of ignoring accessibility compliance?
- A brief examination of some example website accessibility problems and solutions
- Why website content accessibility compliance cannot be solved by simply installing a plugin or running a utility
Understanding the solution:
- Website Content Accessibility assessment
- Considerations for choosing a website platform for a new website or a website rebuild
- Where SEO and website content accessibility overlap
- Strategies for ensuring the accessibility compliance of your business’ website in the short and long-term
This course provides introductory information only and should not be considered a substitute for legal advice.
We are offering professional website development bootcamp to implement the ADA compliant guidance as well as SEO best practices.
This course will be offered remotely. Registration is through SUNY.
- Non-for-profit organizations. ADA compliance is the new requirements
- Business owners who want their websites preformed and SEO optimized
- Web developers who want to build highly effective websites