Our Summer Fast Track Web Development Bootcamp is a slightly condensed version of our full Fast Track Web Development Bootcamp, hosted at SUNY Ulster (Stone Ridge & Kingston Campuses) and consisting of four technical courses only out of six. Each course can be taken separately based on your previous experience. Taken altogether these courses will provide a solid foundation in website development and the holistic business perspective one needs to implement a truly effective online business strategy, for your own business or for clients.
No prior experience is necessary to sign up. Courses are equally beneficial for beginners and people with web dev experience who want to acquire real life skills or learn additional topics and best practices.
Each course in this mini bootcamp delivers real-world skills essential in website development.
All our instructors are local, experienced professionals in the field of website development and technology, and are passionately involved in growing the local tech community. The technology skills presented in these courses are current, relevant to today’s job market, and based on industry best practices.
Website Developers who
- want the power of hand-coding under their belt
- want to increase the value they can provide in advising their clients on content development and website design to best accomplish business objectives
- want to know the most important keys to leverage for search engine optimization of client websites
- want to understand how a website can leverage the Internet for optimal business strategy
- want better familiarity with website development to save time and money with website professionals they hire
- want to personally build a website for their own business endeavors
- wants to improve their employability by developing a universally-needed skill set
- wants to begin a new career
- wants to empower themselves with the ability to build an effective website presence for any of their personal passions or business endeavors anytime they want.
Students are provided with a hands-on introduction to the universal architecture of the web. This course covers website construction with HTML5 and CSS, design and usability concepts, website hosting and administration. Students will learn how to build a simple, professional-class website.
In this course, students will extend their knowledge of HTML5 & CSS in building multipage websites.Students will explore CSS strategies for managing multi-column layout, responsive design principles, CSS drop-down menus, tables, forms, multimedia.
Website Development - Part I or equivalent knowledge (instructor-approved).
Building Blocks of Dynamic Websites
Students will discover the power of dynamic website coding with an introductory examination of PHP and MySQL. In this course, students will implement basic dynamic functions with PHP, and will hand-code a simple PHP-MySQL application to produce a dynamically-generated blog page. Students will examine similarities between their application and open source Content Management Systems like WordPress, and use what they learned to migrate an existing WordPress website.
Learn to Build a Website – Part II or equivalent knowledge (instructor-approved)
How We Form the Curriculum (Guiding Principles):
- Technology stack must be recent, efficient and complete:
- recent: technologies that are in demand in the last year (important for preparation to hire);
- newer technology that are simpler and more efficient than what have been used couple years back;
- based on actual interviews and tests
- best practices - cover best practice principles of building software with sustainable, efficient, clean, readable code.
- complete: we build a solid foundation for web developers.
- Curriculum prepares for real life:
- during the study we create a real life projects and components. All the technologies must be integrated into the project portfolio.
- Lectures cover questions frequently asked on interviews.
- Curriculum combines business perspectives as well as soft skills (marketing, testing, BizDev)
Our Academic Team spends a significant amount of time designing and programming web systems, we choose and update the curriculum based on our real and recent experiences.