OpenHub's Fast Track Web Dev Bootcamp is the only webdev boot camp in the Hudson Valley. The curriculum focuses on essential, in-demand skills and is based on industry best practices to stay current and relevant to today’s job market. These include such essential skills as front-end responsive design with HTML5, CSS, and JS, as well as full stack CMS development using xAMP (LAMP, WAMP, MAMP)
You are not in this alone. Joining OpenHub's Fast Track Web Dev Bootcamp means that you have a community of learners and experts who are available for support during training and beyond.
OpenHub's Fast Track Web Dev Bootcamp consists of 6 courses. Each course can be taken separately based on your previous experience. Taken altogether these courses will provide a solid foundation in website development... and a few other things…What makes OpenHub’s Fast Track Web Dev Bootcamp so special, is that we weave online business strategy skills throughout the whole website development boot camp. So while learning how to build websites, you are also learning how to implement truly effective online business strategies for your own business or for clients.
We also integrate online accessibility standards required for websites to be handicapped-accessible, so you are equipped with the most cutting-edge, in-demand training for the industry today. Did you know, any business that is required to have handicapped-accessible parking or restrooms is legally required to have a handicapped-accessible website, too! Our students will learn how to build fully mobile responsive, semantically sustainable, ADA compliant websites, according to up-today dynamic industry standards.
No prior experience is necessary to sign up. Courses are equally beneficial for beginners as those with previous expertise. Acquire real life skills, learn a comprehensive suite of essential topics and best practices, and join a welcoming community of techies for continued growth and collaboration after the courses end.
All our instructors are local, experienced professionals in the field of website development and technology, and are passionately involved in growing the local tech community. The field experience they bring to you in the classroom will put you far ahead of anyone who is simply trained to code. The technology and business awareness skills presented in these courses are current and relevant to today’s job market and based on industry best practices.
Additional cost may apply for instances that include office hours.
- Demystify and master coding
- Increase the value you can provide to clients on content development and website design
- Know the most important keys to leverage for Search Engine Optimization, SEO
- Understand how your websites can leverage the internet for optimal business strategy
- Save time and money with website professionals you hire
- Build your website for your own business endeavors
Reskilling / Upskilling:
- Improve employability by developing a universally-needed skill set
- Begin a new career
- Empower yourself to build an effective website presence for a personal passion or business endeavor
Business Objectives, User Experience and Information Architecture.
This course will teach how to define and distinguish Business Objectives and Website Goals, User Case and User Story, Wireframes and Information Architecture. In this course, students will learn how to define and plan their website for the optimal conversion to the business goals. This course covers: Conversions and Call to Actions, Content structure, website building blocks and Information Architecture, User centric web development, User Case, User Story, User Journey. Why and when you need to set up your Online marketing strategy, what is the difference between mockups and wireframes, and where to start with your process > how to improve it.
Students are provided with a hands-on introduction to the universal architecture of the web. This course covers website construction with HTML5 and CSS, design and usability concepts, website hosting and administration. Students will learn how to build a simple, professional-class website.
In this course, students will extend their knowledge of HTML5 & CSS in building multipage websites.Students will explore CSS strategies for managing multi-column layout, responsive design principles, CSS drop-down menus, tables, forms, multimedia.
Website Development - Part I or equivalent knowledge (instructor-approved).
Building Blocks of Dynamic Websites
Students will discover the power of dynamic website coding with an introductory examination of PHP and MySQL. In this course, students will implement basic dynamic functions with PHP, and will hand-code a simple PHP-MySQL application to produce a dynamically-generated blog page. Students will examine similarities between their application and open source Content Management Systems like WordPress, and use what they learned to migrate an existing WordPress website.
Learn to Build a Website – Part II or equivalent knowledge (instructor-approved)
This course examines the interplay between clear business messaging and search engine optimization. Principles covered include: Niche Service, Location, Speed, Proper Website Structure, Blogs, Target Keywords, Tags, Metadata, Google Analytics basics, Google Search Console basics, AdWords basics, Tips and Tricks.
How We Form the Curriculum (Guiding Principles):
- Technology stack must be recent, efficient and complete:
- Recent: technologies that are in demand now, important for preparation to hire;
- Newer technology that is simpler and more efficient than a couple years back;
- Based on actual interviews and tests
- Best Practices - use principles of building software with sustainable, efficient, clean, readable code.
- Complete: we build a solid foundation for web developers
- Curriculum prepares for real life:
- Real life projects and components. graduate with a project portfolio.
- Interview prep. lectures during class cover questions frequently asked on interviews.
- Curriculum combines business perspectives as well as soft skills: Marketing, Testing, BizDev
- Our Academic Team spends a significant amount of time designing and evolving our programming and curriculum. Updated curriculum based on our real world and professional experience.